CompTIA Cloud Essentials is an entry-level, vendor-neutral cloud certification that evaluates administrators on the following knowledge:
• Characteristics of cloud services from a business perspective.
• Business value of cloud computing.
• Technical perspective and cloud types.
• Steps to successful cloud adoption.
• Effect and changes of the cloud on IT service management.
• Risks and consequences of cloud computing.
Serving as a successor to Microsoft's Business Online Productivity Suite, it first included hosted versions of Exchange, Lync, SharePoint, Office Web Apps, along with access to the Microsoft Office 2010 desktop applications on the Enterprise plan. With the release of Office 2013, Office 365 expanded to include new plans aimed at different types of businesses, along with a new plan aimed at home users.
Virtualization & Cloud
Virtualization is critical to cloud computing because it simplifies the delivery of services by providing a platform for optimizing complex IT resources in a scalable manner, which is what makes cloud computing so cost effective.
Virtualization can be applied very broadly to just about everything you can imagine including memory, networks, storage, hardware, operating systems, and applications. Virtualization has three characteristics that make it ideal for cloud computing: